Readers Imbibing Peril is an annual event, hosted by Stainless Steel Droppings, focused on reading horror, mystery, suspense, etc. during the months of September and October.
This is my first year participating, but I hope not my last! In order of how much I enjoyed them, here are my RIP reads.
- Have His Carcase, by Dorothy Sayers (note: this is 8th in a series, so don’t start here!)
- The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories, by Angela Carter
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle, by Shirley Jackson
- A Morbid Taste for Bones, by Ellis Peters
- A Dark-Adapted Eye, by Barbara Vine
- Half-Resurrection Blues, by Daniel Jose Older
- The Lotus Palace, by Jeannie Lin